Saturday, December 12, 2015

Surgery day attempt #1 12/8/15

Surgery was scheduled for Tuesday morning with a chance of having my case bumped earlier. I was asked to be at the hospital by 9:15, so I had not been able to eat or drink since midnight. SO and i got up around 6 and he ate and i got ready, packing a small overnight bag in case i needed to stay due to the nausea & vomiting. We were planning on starting out to the car at 7:30 when my phone rang at 7. It was my doctors nurse calling. She did not know i had not gotten the message last night. basically what had happened was that when the doctor reviewed my CT scan, he found some loose bodies that had been created by the dislocation. not uncommon but the easiest way to get to them and flush the area was going to be arthroscopically. that is with a couple of tiny incisions and a camera to guide him. there is some part of the machine that is not kept in the hospital-apparently none of the hospitals "keep" them and the company has to be called to bring it in for the day of surgery. They tried very hard with the short notice to get the machine here but were unable to so surgery for Tuesday was canceled. My doctor doesn't usually do surgery on Wednesdays-it is an office day, but they were rearranging some appointments so i could be booked for Wednesday instead. so the coffee was brewed and breakfast was eaten and another day of rest was taken. It worked out rather well because all of the activity from the day before had taken a lot out of me, more than i thought.

No comments:

Post a Comment